With the holiday season quickly approaching, we’re excited to be planning some holiday shopping events! Come see us to stock up on your favorite Smock goods for the holidays:
The Delavan Center Open Studio + Holiday Sale: Friday, November 8 from 5-8pm and Saturday, November 9 from 10am-4pm. Come take a tour, see presses in action and stock up on your favorite letterpress goods in our Delavan Center Studio! Over 40 other artists and businesses in the building will also be open for the event, so be sure to stop by and see in us in Studio 135. The event is free and open to the public! RSVP on Facebook to receive updates on the event.
- Buy Local Bash: Monday, November 25 from 6 – 9:30pm. Visit us at The Most for the 4th annual Buy Local Bash! This event is sponsored by Syracuse First and will feature live music, local artists, indie retailers, and lots of local food and beverages. We’ll have some of our Syracuse First coasters available for sale (100% of the profits benefit Syracuse First) along with holiday cards and gifts. Be sure to visit Syracuse First for more information on the event and to purchase your tickets today. RSVP on Facebook to receive updates.
- Smock Sip & Shop: Wednesday, December 4 and Thursday, December 5 from 3-7pm. Join us in the Delavan Center Art Gallery at 501 West Fayette Street for two evenings of holiday fun! We’ll have tons of holiday products available — gift wrap, keepsake gift boxes, letterpress holiday cards, and exclusive, limited-time holiday garland — and you can save 15% if you bring in a canned food item for donation! We’ll have DIY holiday crafting projects along with sips & sweets from some of our favorite local vendors. Don’t miss out! If you had fun at our Sidewalk Sale, you’ll love this event!
We’ll be sure to update this page with more information as it becomes available!
It’s hard to believe that the 2013 National Stationery Show has already come and gone! We had a great time at the show catching up with our Smock dealers and introducing new products, and we were beyond excited to be honored by the Greeting Card Association with our second Louie award for our “Like Campfires” letterpress love card! Smock also sponsored Oh So Beautiful Paper’s 2013 Paper Party, so it was a busy week for the team in New York! Here’s a peek at our booth display and some of the new products we introduced at the show. We’ll be posting a follow-up later this month complete with a DIY tutorial on how to make our festive cone garland! Here’s a sneak peek at some of our new holiday gift wrap, and a close-up of our decorative gift wrap display featuring hundreds of colorful cones. We also added new boxes and letterpress coasters to our line-up, too — keep an eye out for these great new products in a Smock store near you! Our new kraft collection was a huge hit as well! Photography courtesy of Nole Garey at Oh So Beautiful Paper
Attention Brooklyn Brides: we’re having a trunk show at Lion in the Sun! Join us on June 12 to view our brand new collection and work with design experts from Smock to create the letterpress wedding invitations of your dreams. Our new wedding album contains 24 gorgeous designs, an exclusive new calligraphy font by Molly Jacques, and some really exciting new offerings (digital printing! blind embossing! new foil colors! new sleeves!), so don’t miss it — contact Lion in the Sun to RSVP today!
If you’re a bride in the New York City area, come be among the first to see our brand new collection out in the world at an exclusive trunk show event on Wednesday, May 22nd at Judy Paulen Designs. Our new wedding album contains 24 gorgeous designs and some really exciting new offerings (digital printing! blind embossing! new foil colors! new sleeves!). We’ll have design experts from Smock available to help you create the invitations of your dreams, so be sure to RSVP today!
It’s hard to believe there are less than two weeks until the 2013 National Stationery Show! We’ve been hard at work pulling together the last minute details for the show, and we’re excited to be introducing lots of exciting new products (like an amazing new custom wedding album, and fun stuff like coasters, new keepsake boxes and colorful gift wrap from our Everyday line!). The invitations we printed for the show feature a sampling of the new offerings our latest album will contain: colorful digital liners, a new ticket style sleeve, elegant new foil colors, and Ruby: a brand new, Smock-exclusive calligraphy font by Molly Jacques! We can’t wait to show you everything that’s new, but for right now, we’ll share photos of our National Stationery Show invitations to give you a hint at the beautiful new things to come. Be sure to stop by booth #2341 to see it all in person!
We’ve got another special how-to post to share with you today from Carol at Jolie Colis! Last month we shared a beautiful set of gifts featuring our pastel Seersucker gift wrap, and today we’ve got another how-to featuring our Garden Path gift wrap for an extra pretty present! This approach would be perfect for a birthday gift or Mother’s day (which is Sunday, May 12!).
You will need:
- Garden Path gift wrap (or your favorite double-sided gift wrap from our collection!)
- Glue dots or double-sided tape
- Broad satin ribbon
- Narrow satin ribbon
- An ornamental charm*
- Sticky gems and pearls*
*Available in the scrapbooking or jewelry-making section of most craft shops
1. Wrap your box with one side of the gift wrap. Then, cut a strip of paper for a contrasting “belt” to go around the box. The width of the belt is up to you, but we recommend making it a little wider than your broad ribbon.
2. Wrap the contrasting paper belt around the box and secure it on the bottom with a glue dot or double-sided tape.
3. Cut two pieces of the narrow ribbon and wrap them around the box over the belt margin. Secure on the bottom with a glue dot or double-sided tape.
4. Cut a generous piece of the broad ribbon and make a big lush bow, tying on the ornament.
5. Finish with some bling: the little gems and pearls that we used have sticky backs, so they’re easy to add as a finishing touch!
Many thanks to Carol from Jolie Colis for sharing these amazing gift wrapping tips with us today — be sure to stop by Jolie Colis
for even more gift wrapping inspiration!
Love the look of colorful edge painting on a beautifully printed letterpress wedding invitation? So do we! Order your custom wedding invitations with Smock from now through May 31, and we’ll edge paint your invitations for free when you spend $2,000 or more! Choose from one of our 60 ink colors and add a beautiful colored edge to your invitations for a perfect finishing touch. Visit your favorite Smock dealer today to get started on your order!
The fine print: Free edge painting promotion can be applied to any one card with minimum order of $2,000. Promotion can be combined with our other ongoing promotions: free envelope printing on tier 3 envelopes and 10% off 6 printed pieces or more, though order total must reach $2,000 after these promotions have been applied in order to be eligible. Offer ends May 31, 2013.
We love hearing a touching love story – the way that a couple meets, falls in love, and seeing these details woven into their wedding day. We were thrilled to find out the story behind the couple that ordered these three color letterpress wedding invitations. Peak Xperience was kind enough to share with us their engagement session, love story, and photos from their gorgeous wedding.
The Garden of Eden inspired the wedding ceremony: lush florals in purples and greens combined with a mix of modern and vintage details set the scene for this jaw-dropping celebration.
Peak Xperience explains, “The reception was kept modern and sophisticated in shades of dark purple, blue and silver. All of the details of their wedding are inspired by their love story, so for the dinner, it was almost like a ‘twilight’ theme (not Twilight the vampire movie!) but twilight as in between sunset & dusk, when the first glimmer of stars begin to appear, the ambiance is romantic and nostalgic.”
We were blown away by the size and beauty of their impressive wedding cake, which towered over the couple! Each tier is incredibly stunning.
Vendors: Caterer: Nathalie’s Gourmet Studio | Wedding Cake: PassioNate Cakes by Man Kwan | Cake Pops, Mini Cake & Tarts: TrulyScrumptious! | Wedding Gown: Divine Couture | Flowers: Flower Series | Wedding Ceremony: Cheras Baptist Church | Invitations: Smock via Peak Xperience
We’re heading South! Join us at Salutations for our next trunk show event — we’ll be in Durham on Thursday, March 21st for their grand opening celebration, and we’ll also be in Charlotte the night before for a trunk show! Take advantage of show specials and meet with a few of our design experts to create the invitations of your dreams. Visit Salutations for more information and to RSVP!
Calling all Chicago brides: join a few of our design experts next week at Magnificent Milestones for a trunk show event! RSVP today to secure your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!