DIY Gift Wrap Tutorial with Guest Blogger Carol from Jolie Colis
We’ve got a special treat to share with you today! Carol from Jolie Colis — a talented gift wrapper with an amazing local boutique here in Syracuse that offers custom gift wrapping for special occasions — put together some tips and tricks for how to create a gorgeous gift. We love this stacked set of gifts featuring our pastel Seersucker wrap that Carol put together — it would be perfect for a baby shower, spring holiday gift or even a birthday present!
You will need:
- Seersucker gift wrap (or your favorite double-sided gift wrap from our collection!)
- Glue dots or double sided tape
- Metallic thread*
- Narrow ribbon in a coordinating color
- An ornamental charm*
- Sticky gems and pearls*
*Available in the scrapbooking or jewelry-making section of most craft shops
1. Wrap the gifts, alternating the paper patterns.
2. Center your gifts in order of size, and secure them together with a glue dot (it’ll be easier to handle this way). Tip: keep the pattern size proportional to the gift size (small gift, small pattern).
3. After you’ve secured the gifts together, wind the thread around the stack several times, criss-crossing to create an interesting pattern. Secure with a knot on the top.
4. Add the narrow ribbon on top in a traditional windowpane pattern. Thread the ornament on as you’re tying the bow (we used a small pearl).
5. Add some bling — the little gems and pearls that we used have sticky backs, so they’re a lot easier to use than they look!
6. For a finishing touch, try our new foil gift labels — for this gift, we stuck two labels together back-to-back and punched a hole to create a tag effect.
Big thanks to Carol for sharing this fun DIY gift wrap project with us today! Be sure to check out the Jolie Colis blog for even more gift-wrapping inspiration!